Over the past week or so, I am beginning to wonder if my 4 year old is smarter than me. Jenny seems to come up with new ways to reason and rationalize things to get her way or explain her way out of a time out.
We have been working on her manners...asking nicely, say please and thank you, yes ma'am, no ma'am, not demanding things or talking back (this one is a challenge with the rationalizing). Yesterday, she shouted from the back seat, "I said turn on my songs!" Of course, I said no because she didn't ask politely. She immediately said, Mommy, can I please have my songs?" In an attempt to teach her a lesson, the answer was still 'no' so that she will learn to ask nice the first time. Seconds later...tears, saying that 'it just came out the wrong way...her mouth said it wrong.' I almost caved, but then remembered that I was trying to teach her a lesson. More tears... then finally, the best attempt at passing the blame... "but Mommy, my retainer made me do it!"
Wonder what the teenage years will be like?
:)
I am thankful I can Hear..
13 years ago
1 comment:
Too funny cuz! That is one smart retainer...lol.
Post a Comment