Friday, April 10, 2009

Jonathan....Master Manipulator, age 20 months

Ok, so we all know that kids do things to get their parents attention. Sometimes its good behavior, sometimes not so good. Jenny stops at nothing to get in a game of pretend...at dinner, while cooking dinner, before bath, after bath...etc. Lucy (our dog) will sneak up to give Jonathan kisses if we are paying enough attention to her

Jonathan has chose a slightly more costly method of getting our attention. For at least a month now (probably longer), whenever we aren't paying enough attention to Jonathan, he reaches up with a smug grin and grabs the cable or the coil (the part that is on his head) to his CI and pulls on it. Sometimes he sticks the coil in his mouth and bites down with his teeth. Other times, he just keeps pulling until the entire processor comes out of the clips we have on his shirt. Each time he does it, he just looks at me (or Mark) and grins as if to say, "what are you going to do about it?" The other day while I was driving down I-45, I looked back and he had pulled the processor out and managed to take it apart and was looking at it as if he were deciding which part he should eat.

So, each time that I drop him off at MDO or at the gym kids club I warn them to keep an eye out for him trying to eat his 'ears.' They say ok and really don't seem to know what I'm talking about. When I picked him up from the gym yesterday, as soon as he saw me he reached up and grabbed the coil with a big smile. The girls in the gym saw it and said that he never does that.

So as it turns out, he only tries to take apart and eat an over priced medical device for good 'ole mom and dad. The onset of the terrible twos? :)

Below are a few recent pics of Jonathan. Neither have anything to do with him pulling his ears off. During the week, Mark gave him "Lucy ears" with his soapy hair.


1 comment:

Shelby said...

Oh my those are funny pictures! What a little, and very smart character he is!