Friday, October 30, 2009

"Um-ba-see-uh-let, Um-ba-see-uh-let!"

Just a post of random things...

  • Cookies, Brownies & Candles, OH MY! Yesterday we went up to the school to pick up all of the stuff that Jenny sold for their fundraiser. As the 4th grade 'helpers' wheeled out a wagon and a small dolly fully of stuff, I mentally started going through my refrigerator and freezer. Hmmm...12 tubs of cookie dough, 3 pans of brownies and a box of frozen pretzels...didn't think this one through did I? I just got home from the store with our standard 2 gallons of milk, opened the door....cookie dough. I managed to squeeze in the milk...just barely. Again, what was I thinking?

  • I surprised Jenny at school today by having lunch with her. They are the first class to head to the lunchroom....at 10:25! So, technically it is brunch, right? I went through the lunch line and got my pizza (after all...its pizza Friday!). Pizza is different than it was a long time ago. Today, the kids get to choose between pepperoni and cheese AND both of them have stuffed crust! (which by the way...was not very good). It is always fun to hear what the kids say when someone new is around. One boy burped really loud and laughed then said, "that one was real, but I can do a fake one if you want!" (no thanks...)

  • This week, the Pearland ISD superintendent 'interviewed' several students about Thanksgiving and what they are thankful for. Jenny was one of the kindergarten kids chosen to be interviewed (and filmed). The district is going to put the podcast on the PISD website. I keep asking Jenny what she talked about. She said, "thankful stuff, you'll just have to wait and see." :)

  • Lastly..."Um-ba-see-uh-let,Um-ba-see-uh-let!" Jenny was singing this over and over in the car, the first part was high-pitched, the second a little lower. She said, Mommy, do you recognize that song? She sang it a few more times and reminded me that a group danced to it at her recital....still didn't have a clue. Finally it clicked...she was singing "All the Single Ladies" (Beyonce). Trying really hard not to laugh, I told her what they were saying, she said, who is singing with the ladies? what ladies? Ahhh...gotta love it :)

2 comments:

Shelby said...

We are talking the Beyonce song...right?? LOL. Too funny! Oh Jenny, how you make me giggle!


by the way...your security word verification for me tonight is... "tuten". Yup...that's me (;

Jana Post said...

Yes, these 5 year olds! Gotta love 'em! Great stories!