Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hammer Time!

Ahhh...remember the days when parachute pants where so cool? Why on earth would we think, I'll bet that pants with enormous amounts of extra material around our hips & butts would look good? Why would we think, maybe they would look good in tie-dye too? I wonder if I can shuffle sideways, while keeping most of my upper body still?

Today while checking out at HEB, I decided to be friendly and make conversation with the cashier. I started with the usual stuff...how is your day? I can't believe it is going to be so hot today! During a pause on the conversation, I listened a little bit closer to the music playing in the store. Could that be? Are they really playing "Hammer Time?" So, as part of my conversation I asked the cashier, "Are they really playing MC Hammer?" Just as the words came out of my mouth, I thought, wait, was he born when this came out? The blank look on his face confirmed it, and he said, I'm sorry ma'am, I'm not familiar with this song." So....for all you spring chickens out there who didn't listen to the musical stylings of MC Hammer in Jr High (yes...I am clearly dating myself) ...here are a few pictures :)




2 comments:

Shelby said...

Thanks for the laugh!! I love that I can read what you write and picture exactly how you are saying (which in turn makes me laugh even harder!!)

Lisa Riley said...

LOL... remember when you worked at Kroger - there was probably some mom there asking you about Earth, Wind, & Fire or something! :)