Saturday, November 14, 2009

A new kind of garage sale...

My mom hosted another garage sale this morning and Jenny was fascinated with the whole thing. So much so, that she carefully organized on of her own. We got back home around 3:00 and she disappeared upstairs to set everything up. Later while I was cooking dinner, she went back up to start putting post-it note prices on everything. All was 20 cents...what a bargain!

Ok, so in the pics (from my phone) below, the first tub is the 'gift bag' tub, clothing rack is on your right, past the clothing rack (you can't see it) are two diaper boxes full of toys, by Jonathan's room are dress up clothes. Behind her register is a big pile of grocery store bags ready to bag up all of your purchases as well as pen and paper to record all sales :)

I was greeted with a smile and had great customer service :)

She asked if she could hold on to what I was looking at so that I could shop some more. I said, Yes, thank you, my arms were so full!" She replied, "Well, I would be happy too!"

Since I had other garage sales to check out, she kindly offered to hold everything I bought so I wouldn't have to carry it around, then proceeded to right my name on the bag and take it to the 'back room.' (while we were shopping this afternoon, I had some clothes being held...and they had to go to the back room to get them...I'm guessing this is where she got 'back room')

That's my girl!

clothing rack/table (post-it price tag)

She is recording the sale. Notice the green wings...
these are to 'attract more people' (her words).

Jonathan was assigned to the register


2 comments:

Jana Post said...

What a handsome cashier! I need to come shopping there... $0.20 an item is quite the bargain! Such a creative mind, that Jenny has! Cute!

Mimi said...

Too, precious, Brig...great "garage sale" memories...you guys have done these for years...looks like a "family tradition" to me !!!

Jessica and Joshie's Mimi