We stayed in Vail, but skied in Keystone and Breckenridge because they had better snow. Since most of the snow was all man-made and very few runs were open, there were no crowds. Most of the time, Mark rode the lift by himself. We both took lessons the first day, then I took them on the next two days also. Here are a few (well...a lot) of pictures from our trip.
On the Gondola in Keystone, end of day 1
A view from Lake Dillon. This picture doesn't quite show it well, but you can see several dead trees in the background. There is a bug (either called a pine beetle or a bark beetle depending on who you talk to) that is killing off all of the older pines. For whatever reason, it isn't bothering the younger trees
Before lunch break at Breckenridge. For those who haven't been skiing before, everyone puts their skis and poles on racks outside. On our last day, someone actually stole my rental poles and replaced them with their own. Really weird to me...why steal rentals? In any case, the rental place didn't question us when we turned in poles that weren't theirs.
Mark took this picture from the lift in Breckenridge. (I would have dropped the camera). Hardly anyone on the green below and no one on the lift chair in front of him.
Mark got a picture of me as he went above us on the lift. Not an action shot, I was waiting on the instructor and other person in our lessons to catch up. I say 'catch-up', but that doesn't mean that I was fast...just faster than the other woman. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment