Friday, January 29, 2010

13.1

Sunday, January 17th was the Chevron Houston Marathon (26.2 miles)/ Aramco Houston Half-Marathon (13.1 miles). Angela and I both braved the cold and ran the 1/2 (not together...the turtle ...me.. and the hare don't exactly run the same pace). Overall, there were over 22,000 people running. It was crazy to get to the top of a hill...well, an overpass...and just see nothing but a sea of people running. There were spectators all along the way, cheering everyone on (your name is on your bib, so they cheer you on by name). Mark managed to find me 4 times!

My goal was to finish...not to win. I crossed the finish line in 2:55 placing 8,066 out of about 10,700 runners. (just the 1/2 alone!)

All in all, I am so glad that I did it. I set the goal and finished...even with patellar tendinitis. Maybe I'll even try again next year... :)


Me & Angela before the run...somehow we found each other in the crowd
(I am way too happy...must have been the adrenaline)

Somewhere around mile 8?

not sure where...maybe mile 10?

almost done!

almost at the finish line...yes, I am actually running...not power walking :)
My knees had just about enough by then...

At home...signs that Mark made to cheer me on from the sidelines

NOT me!
These are the elite runners. Mark was able to get a shot of them ... way too fast for me!

3 comments:

Jana Post said...

AWESOME!!

Shelby said...

SO proud of my cousin! Really proud!

Proud Aunt L. said...

So PROUD !!! What an achievement...two beautiful nieces doing awesome stuff...what's not to love about that !!!