Monday, August 24, 2009

1st Day of School - 2009

Aug 24th...Jenny's first day of Kindergarten & Jonathan's first day of MDO for the year.

Jenny has been really excited about starting Kindergarten. At church yesterday, she told just about everyone that she was starting tomorrow. All in all, the drop off while extremely chaotic and crowded, went smoothly. Jenny was really excited...up until it was time for me to leave. She almost cried, but I know she'll be fine, and I am certain that I will get an earful of details on the car ride home.
Packed up and ready to go

Oustside her classroom

NOT happy that I was leaving...where did the smiles go?


Jonathan's drop off went surprisingly well. He is in the 2 year old room now...lots of new things this year. All the kiddos are running and playing around him. There are no more cribs, but instead they use nap cots. I am a little worried about it because he can't brace himself if he falls off. Hopefully it will be ok...and maybe it will help us transition us to a big boy bed at home.
I took a picture of him too...afterall, its his first day too :) After the first picture, one of his classmates came and sat down next to him and waited for a picture too. Maybe my little guy will make some friends this year :)


2 comments:

Shelby said...

They are both looking great! I know they will have wonderful 'first years'!!

Great Aunt L. said...

Precious !!! They both looked adoreable... fun and new friends coming !!!

Love

Aunt L. / Great Aunt L.